Your preschool operates as a nonprofit, parent participation, organization. Parent participation is key to the operation of the preschool. It lessens costs by “spreading the workload” and it sets a good example for the children and community.
- Share Basket – On Mondays and Tuesdays, children are encouraged to bring snacks in to share with their friends throughout the rest of the week. This can be a piece of fruit, a bunch of bananas, tortilla chips, blocks of cheese, a bottle of pickles or a box of crackers. Use your imagination! Whatever you share will be used by all. The children love this, and it fosters a sense of community and giving that is vital to their development. Please ensure snacks are nut free; we are happy to do the cutting and washing to ensure allergens are not present on the children’s snack. If you would like to bring in a special treat, the ingredients/recipe must accompany it. We can photocopy it for you, or the box/ingredients list will do. Please check with our teachers concerning allergies in the school.
- Parent Helper Days – A minimum of 3 throughout the year. Parent duties are posted in the kitchen; please read. Please alert a teacher if a child needs help toileting/changing or resolving a conflict. As licensing dictates, parent helpers must be present for the duration of the class. Younger siblings/children are not permitted in the school at this time.
- Fundraising – Please take part, monetarily, in a minimum of 2 fundraising efforts during the year.
- Daily/Weekly Maintenance Tasks – This is ongoing and may consist of taking home laundry and/or toys to wash, or doing something extra around the school; tasks will be posted by the sign-in book. A minimum of 3 per year must be completed.
While we prefer your participation, we understand that work/life demands can make fulfilling your duties difficult. If you, or a family member, cannot fulfill the required duties, your post-dated cheques, equaling up to $150, will be cashed to help balance the cost of extra work done in your absence. We need to keep this as the exception, rather than the norm, in order to run as a parent participation preschool. See the fees/registration is listed in the parent handbook at the bottom of the Classes page.
*We are unable to have parent helpers in the school at this time. Your fundraising duties remain the same, but the two $50 cheques for parent helpers days and maintenance tasks will be cashed in November and March. This will go towards covering the extra time Teachers will be spending sanitizing the school. Thank you for your continued support.
- Monthly Newsletters – The newsletter is a major source of communication and information. Please take the time to read it.
- Field Trips – We have 3 or 4 throughout the year and parents/guardians must provide their own transportation and remain with their child/ren at all times.
- Annual General Meeting – A family member is requested to attend the Annual General Meeting each May.
- Monthly Meetings – Parents/Caregivers are welcome at the meetings held every other month.
- Open house – Our open house/meet the teacher’s night is in August or September (TBA). All post dated cheques are due at this time.